Forest City Ocean Freight is a division of Forest City Trading Group operating out of Olympic Industries. Forest City Ocean Freight is an integral component of our export service and product offerings;
- Coordinates all of the Forest City Trading Group’s import and export freight requirements for wood fiber products and steel products.
- Serves external customers ocean freight requirements for both commodity and specialized project cargo.
- Offers a number of ocean freight solutions in the dry cargo market from containers to break bulk to bulk shipping, with full vessel chartering and operations.
- Focuses on logistics ensuring tight supply chain links for the Forest City Trading Group.
- Provides price risk management solutions to the Forest City Trading Group and external customers, with coverage of both the physical and financial ocean freight markets.
- The ocean freight team has a combined 50 years of experience in international trade and ocean freight.
Olympic Industries trucking department serves a dual purpose. First and foremost, it is our priority to source trucks that can deliver to our customer’s yard in a timely fashion at competitive rates. We work directly with carriers to provide the best service possible for both our traders on the floor as well as the customers that they service. We work to provide transportation solutions to give our traders current information, offering the best value to our customers. Olympics’ overall buying power provides customers the option to have products delivered mill direct or from our various distribution locations; this offers customers the ability to plan their business for the future as well as cover their immediate needs. The department’s second focus is a training ground for future traders; by developing an understanding of freight dynamics, junior traders are able to learn the business before stepping into trading. As our secondary focus is a training platform we consistently have new people joining the department excited to learn transportation and develop relationships with both new and existing carriers.